Dar Al Rokham, the largest marble and stone suppliers, retailers, cutters, decorators, and one of the leading contractors in the United Arab Emirates, has been working with the GMA Garnet™ product for two decades. Various prestigious contractors of Dar Al Rokham engaged the services of the stone supplier for several key projects across the region.
With multiple large-scale developments underway, all involving waterjet cutting jobs, the project team experienced problems with abrasives sourced from alternate suppliers. The poor-quality Indian Garnet was causing nozzle blockages and increased nozzle consumption on projects. As a result, cutting was drastically affected, producing a poor finish, and slowing deadlines.
Dar Al Rokham made the switch from Indian Garnet to GMA ClassicCut™ 80, for their major ongoing projects, with immediate results. As Dar Al Rokham ensures only state of the art equipment and waterjet cutting machinery is used at every stage of the project, using GMA ClassicCut™ 80 ensured the team experienced no nozzle blockages, increasing productivity and life of consumables reducing the consumption of abrasive.
In addition to the faster output, the switch to GMA ClassicCut™ 80 also revealed a higher quality precision cut and fine edge detailing on the marble and granite work (where cutting thickness ranged from 20mm to 150mm with stone cuts).
By switching to ClassicCut™80, longstanding customer of GMA, Dar Al Rokham experienced a higher overall cutting quality and a reduced consumption rate across their projects, meeting requirements and timelines.
The change in product to GMA ClassicCut™ 80 also revealed:
• Less consumption using GMA Garnet™ in comparison with the Indian Garnet the customer was initially using.
• Less damage to the customer’s waterjet cutting machines.
• Reduced nozzle consumption.
• No clogging or nozzle blockage.
• Higher productivity allowed for timeline requirements to be met.
• Superior overall finish and cutting quality across each project.
“We recommend other marble companies to use GMA Garnet™ for smooth and easy life for production.”
Hazim Al Khafaji
Production Manager, Dar Al Rokham.
• Address Beach Resort, Dubai
• Mohammed Bin Rashid City, Dubai
• ONE JBR, Dubai
• Four Seasons Hotel, Cairo
• Sandy Lane Resort, Barbados
• Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi